Indian National Congress
|father of the Indian National Congress
|Allan Octavian Hume
|Allan Octavian Hume, Dadabhai Naoroji, Dinshaw Wacha, Womesh Chandra Bonnerjee, Surendranath Banerjee, Monomohun Ghose, Mahadev Govind Ranade, William Wedderburn
|First President of the INC
|Womesh Chandra Bonnerjee
|Who was the Second President of Indian National Congress?
|Who is the First Muslim President of Indian National Congress?
|Who was the first non Indian president of Indian National Congress?
|Who is the First Woman President of Indian National Congress?
|Who is the First Indian Woman President of Indian National Congress?
|The first session of the INC
|Mumbai.28–31 December 1885, and was attended by 72 delegates
|Who was the Viceroy of India at the time of the formation Of Indian national congress
|leader of the Muslim League
|Mohammed Ali Jinnah
|Partition of Bengal in?
|Who first put forward the scheme of the Partition of Bengal?
|Who was the Viceroy of India at the time of the Partition of Bengal?
|What was the name of the new province that was created as a result of the Partition of Bengal?
|Eastern Bengal and Assam
|Name the ceremony that was observed on the day of the Partition of Bengal
|Name a newspaper that was instrumental in inculcating the spirit of opposition to the Partition of Bengal.
|When was the Partition of Bengal annulled?
|When did the Indian National Congress Split into two groups – The extremists and The moderates?
|1907 (Surat session)
|Two split Parties of INC in 1907
|Garam Dal(Extremists)- Bal Gangadhar Tilak
Naram Dal(Moderates) – Gopal Krishna Gokhale
|Mohandas Gandhi returned from South Africa in?
|When did Gandhiji Elected as Congress President?
|1924 (Belgam Session)
|When did Jawaharlal Nehru first Elected as Congress President?
|1929 (Lahore Session)
|What was the special for 1929 Lahore session?
|“Poorna Swaraj” (complete independence) was declared
|When did Subhash Chandra Bose first Elected as Congress President?
|1938 (Haripura Session)
|Who is the Congress President when India won Freedom?
|Who is the Most elected Congress President?
|Who is the longest served Woman president of Congress?
|Who was popularly known as “Uncrowned Prince of Maharashtra”?
|Bal Gangadhar Tilak
|Who is the first Congress President in Independent India?
|Who is the president of Congress, when Indian National Congress Split into two groups – The extremists and The moderates?
|Rash Behari Bose
|Who was known as the ‘Grand Old Man’ of India?
|Who founded the Abhinava Bharat?
|Who founded the Mitra Mela?
|Name a revolutionary of Punjab.
|Name a revolutionary of Madras
|Name a leader of Maharashtra who played an important role in the Swadeshi movement?
|Bal Gangadhar Tilak
|What was the real name of Sister Nivedita?
|Margaret E. Nobel
|During the Indian freedom struggle who of the following founded the Prarthana Samaj ?
|During the Civil Disobedience movement, who led the ‘Red Shirts’ of North-Western India?
|Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan
|foundation of Gadar party
|During whose tenure as the viceroy of India were the great Martyrs Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru hanged ?
|Who was the Chairman of the Partition Council?
|The Constituent Assembly was set up under the?
|Cabinet Mission Plan
Indian National Congress Sessions
Given below is the list of Indian National Congress Sessions in chronological order. Apart from the locations of various sessions, make sure you also note important facts pertaining to them.
|· 1st session attended by 72 delegates
|Badruddin Tyyabji (fist Muslim President)
|· Presided by first Muslim president.
|George Yule (first English President)
|· Presided by first Englishman President
|Sir William Wedderburn
|Sir Feroze S.Mehta
|Rahimtulla M. Sayani
|· The National Song, Vande Mataram was sung for the first time.
|· The INC split into two, one consisting of Moderates, led by Gokhale and the other consisting of Extremists, led by Tilak.
|Pandit Bishan Narayan Das
|· The National Anthem, Jana Gana Mana was sung for the first time
|· Joint session with Muslim league in which the historic Lucknow pact was signed.
· Re-union of the Congress
|· First session to be presided by a Lady.
|Lala Lajpat Rai
|Abdul Kalam Azad
|· Youngest President
|· First session to be presided by an Indian lady.
|· First All India Youth Congress Formed
|· The decision to launch a civil disobedience movement to achieve complete independence and to observe 26 Jan as Independence Day was taken.
· Nehru became the president for the first time.
|· Here, resolution on Fundamental rights and the National Economic Program was passed
· The Gandhi Irwin Pact was endorsed by the Congress in this Session
· Gandhi was nominated to represent Congress in the Second Round Table Conference.
|· (without President) Pt. Madan Mohan Malviya was elected as President
|· (Mrs. Nellie Sengupta presided) Pt. Madan Mohan Malviya was again elected President
|· First session in a village
|· A National Planning Committed set-up underJ.L.Nehru
|· S.C.Bose was re-elected but had to resign due to protest by Gandhiji (as Gandhiji supported Dr.Pattabhi Sitaramayya). Rajendra Prasadwas appointed in his place.
|Abdul Kalam Azad
|· Last pre-independence session of the INC.
|· First session after Independence.
INC – QUESTION1. Who is the First President of Indian National Congress ?
Answer: W.C. Banerjee
2. Who was the Second President of Indian National Congress ?
Answer: Dadabhai Naoroji
3. Who was the first non Indian president of Indian National Congress ?
Answer: George Yule
4. Who founded Indian National Congress ?
Answer: Allan Octavian Hume
5. When did the Indian National Congress Split into two groups – The extremists and The moderates ?
Answer: 1907 (Surat session)
6. When did Jawaharlal Nehru first Elected as Congress President ?
Answer: 1929 (Lahore Session)
7. Who is the first Congress President in Independent India ?
Answer: Pattabhi Sitaramayya
8. 20. Who is the oldest president of INC ?
Answer: Dadabhai Naoroji
9. Who is the Most elected Congress President ?
Answer: Jawaharlal Nehru
10. Who is the First Indian Woman President of Indian National Congress ?
Answer: Sarojini Naidu
11. 14. When did Subhash Chandra Bose first Elected as Congress President ?
Answer: 1938 (Haripura Session)
12. When did Indian National Congress Founded ?
13. Who is known as father of the Indian National Congress ?
Answer: Allan Octavian Hume (He is the father of Indian Ornithology)
14. Who was the Viceroy of India at the time of the formation Of Indian national congress?
Answer: Lord Dufferin
15. Who is the First Muslim President of Indian National Congress ?
Answer: Badruddin Tyabji
16. Who is the First Woman President of Indian National Congress ?
Answer: Annie Basent
17. When did Gandhiji Elected as Congress President ?
Answer: 1924 (Belgam Session)
18. Who is the Congress President when India won Freedom ?
Answer: J.B Kripilani
19. Who is the longest served Woman president of Congress ?
Answer: Sonia Gandhi
20. Who is the president of Congress, when Indian National Congress Split into two groups – The extremists and The moderates ?
Answer: Rash Behari Ghosh