Formed on – November 1 , 1956
Population of AndhraPradesh: 49,386,799
Capital – Amaravathi
Rank by Area : 7th
Rank by Population : 10th
Legislature : Bicameral
Literacy Rate : 67.41%
Old Capital – Hyderabad
Major Language – Telugu
High Court – Hyderabad
Official Animal -Black Buck
Official Bird – Indian Roller
State Flower – Lotus
Official Dance – Kuchupudi ,Ottam
Major Festival – Dasara , Deepavali
Major Rivers – Godavari , Krishna
Major Lake – Kolleru
Airport – Visakhapattanam Airport, Sri Satyasai Airport at Puttaparthi
GK Quiz Questions on Andhra Pradesh History
1. How long the Kakatiya dynasty existed?
Answer : From 1163 to 1323
When did Andhra Pradesh formed as state of Indian union?
Answer : 1 October 1953
2. When Telangana was seperated from Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : 2 June 2014
3. By which act Hyderabad became the capital of both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana?
Answer : Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act 2014
4. Who founded the great Vijayanagara Empire in Andhra Pradesh in 1336?
Answer : Harihara and Bukka of Sangam Dynasty
5. Who founded the Reddy dynasty in the early of 14th century?
Answer : Prolaya Vema Reddy
What is the past capital of the Hoysala Empire?
Answer : Belur later Halebidu
6. What is the old name of Pedavegi?
Answer : Vengi
7. What were the capital of Satavahana dynasty?
Answer : Dharanikota and Amaravati
8. What was the great dynasty ruled the deccan region between 5th and 6th century?
Answer : Vishnukundina dynasty from 420 to 624 A.D
9. Who built the Kondaveedu Fort?
Answer : Both Rajas of Orissa and Reddy dynasty in 13th century
Nizam of Hyderabad belonged to which dynasty?
Answer : Asaf Zahi
Who was the last Nizam of Hyderabad?
Answer : Mir Osman Ali Khan
Which king was known by Pandyadhiraja?
Answer : Kadungon
The Shore Temple of Mahabalipuram is a great historic example built by which Pallaba king?
Answer : Narasimhavarman II
Which Chinese traveller visited during Pallaba rule?
Answer : Hiuen Tsang
What is the past capital of Chalukya dynasty?
Answer : Vatapi alternatively Badami
What is the past capital of the Pandyan dynasty?
Answer: Korkai Madurai
Who is the first king of Satavahana dynasty?
Answer : Simuka
GK Quiz Questions on Andhra Pradesh Geography,Symbols, Population,Education and Places
What is the total population in Andhra Pradesh?
Ans: According census 2011 total 49386799
What is the geographic location of Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : 16.50°N 80.64°E
10. Which state has the second largest coastline in India?
Answer : AndhraPradesh has a coastline of 974 kilometer
11. Which Indian state is to the north of Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : Chhattisgarh
What religious people has a majority in Andhra Pradesh?
Ans: Hindu 90%
What cities of Andhra Pradesh have been nominated for Smart Cities Mission under Union Ministry of Urban Development?
Ans: Visakhapatnam, Tirupati and Kakinada
12. Which Indian state is to the west of Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : Karnataka
What is the literacy rate in Andhra Pradesh?
Where is the Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO) located?
Ans: Sriharikota, Nellor, Andhra Pradesh
Q.Where is the Indian Instutute of Science Education and Research(IISER)located?
Ans: Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh
Q.What is the sex ratio in Andhra Pradesh?
Q.What district of Andhra Pradesh has the highest literacy rate?
Ans: West Godavari District 74.6%
Q.What district of Andhra Pradesh has the highest urban population?
Ans: Visakhapatnam 47.5%
13. Bay of Bengal is located to which direction of Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : East
How many districts are there in Andhra Pradesh?
14. Which two regions covers the total thirteen districts of Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : a) Coastal Andhra b) Rayalaseema
15. Vijayawada is located on which river?
Answer : Krishna river
16. What is the geographical location of the largest and most populous city Visakhapatnam?
Answer : Its located at the coast of Bay of Bengal
17. Where is the Tirumala Venkateswara Temple is situated at?
Answer : Tirupati
18. What is the largest district in AndhraPradesh?
Answer : Anantapur
19. Araku valley is one of the best tourist destination located in which district?
Answer : Visakhapatnam
20. What is the state animal of Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : Blackbuck
21. What symbolise the state tree of Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : Neem
22. What symbolise the state emblem of Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : Poorna kumbham
23. What is the state dance of Andhra Pradesh that recognised one of the eight major classical dance in India?
Answer : Kuchipudi
24. What are the main rivers in Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : Krishna and Godavari rivers
25. Which religious people mostly reside in Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : Hindu 90%
GK Quiz Questions on Andhra Pradesh Polity and Personality
Which Telugu personality served as the Governor of Reserve Bank of India from 2003 to 2008?
Answer : Y. Venugopal Reddy
Which Chief Minister is known as Andhra Kesari(Lion of Andhra)?
Answer : Indian freedom fighter Tanguturi Prakasam
26. Who is the last and current Chief Minister of AP?
Answer : N. Chandrababu Naidu
27. Who is the current Governor of AP as of 2017?
Answer : E.S.L. Narasimhan
Who is the current Speaker of AndhraPradesh Legislative Assembly as of 2017?
Ans: Kodela Siva Prasad Rao(TDP Party)
Who is the leader of opposition party in Andhra Assembly?
Ans: YS Jagan Mohan Reddy(YSRCP party)
What is the basic structure of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly?
Ans: It is bicameral
What is the lower house in Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly?
Ans: Vidhan Sabha
What is the upper house in Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly?
Ans: Vidhan Parishad
Who is the current Finance Minister of Andhra Pradesh?
Ans: Yanama Rama Krishnudu
Who is the Social & Tribal Welfare Minister of Andhra Pradesh?
Ans: Nakka Ananda Babu
Who is the Labour & Employment Minister in Andhra Pradesh?
Ans: Pithani Satyanarayana
Who is the Minister for Tourism, Language and Culture in Andhra Pradesh?
Ans: Bhuma Akhila Priya
Who is the Minister for Health in Andhra Pradesh?
Ans: Kamineni Srinivas
28. Who is the first Chief Minister of AndhraPradesh became the sixth President of India?
Answer : Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
Who is the personality from AndhraPradesh won the All England Open Badminton Championships 2001?
Answer : Pullela Gopichand
Q. Who is the longest serving Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : N. Chandrababu Naidu(1995-2004)
29. Which political party currently ruling in Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : Telugu Desam Party(TDP), it was founded by N. T. Rama Rao in 1982.
Who is the Minister for Education and Human Resource Development in Andhra Pradesh?
Ans: Ganta Srinivasa Rao
Who is the Deputy Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh?
Ans: K. E. Krishnamurthy
30. There are how many constituencies in AndhraPradesh state legislative assembly?
Answer : 175
31. How many seats AndhraPradesh represents in Rajya Sabha?
Answer : 11 seats
32. How many seats AndhraPradesh represents in Lok Sabha?
Answer : 25 seats
Who is the first Indian ever to win an Olympic medal?
Answer : Telugu woman Karnam Malleswari is the first to win bronze medal in weight-lifting in 2000 Sydney Olympic
He is an Indian film director, directed some world famous films such as Bahubali 1 and Bahubali 2 also won Padma Shri in 2016. Who is he?
Answer : Telugu director Srisaila Sri Rajamouli(S.S.Rajamouli)
He is a Telugu director and screenwriter won Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2005, Padma Shri in 1976 and Padma Bhushan in 1991. Who is he?
Answer : Shyam Benegal
He is the first Indian Telugu personality received Bharatratna award in 1954 and served as the second President of India. Who is he?
Answer : Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
He is the fourth Indian President served as Governor of Karnataka, Kerala and UttarPradesh and awarded Bharatratna in 1975. Who is he?
Answer : Varahagiri Venkata Giri(Andhra Pradesh)
Who is the woman from Andhra Pradesh served as fourth Governor of West Bengal?
Answer : Padmaja Naidu daughter of former Chief Minister Sarojini Naidu
Who is the personality from Andhra Pradesh served as Chief of Indian Army from 1981 to 1983?
Answer : General K.V.Krishna Rao
Which famous Telugu personality is known as ‘Nightingale of India’?
Answer : Sarojini Naidu
GK Quiz Questions on Andhra Pradesh Economy
33. What is the rank of AndhraPradesh by gross domestic product(gdp) per capita income?
Answer : 16th
Q. What is the rank of Andhra Pradesh by Gross Domestic Product in India?
Answer : 10th
Q. Which state is known as “Rice Bowl of India”?
Answer : Andhra Pradesh
Q. How many agricultural economic zones in Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : Three, Chittoor district for mango pulp and vegetables, Krishna district for mangoes and Guntur district for chillies.
34. What is the gdp per capita income in AndhraPradesh in the year 2015-2016?
Answer : Rs 1007600
What is the Financial Capital of Andhra Pradesh?
Q. Why Andhra Pradesh is known as “Egg Bowl of Asia”?
Answer : Because the state is the largest producer of egg in India
35. Economy of AndhraPradesh is mainly based on which major sector?
Answer : Agriculture
GK Quiz Questions on Andhra Pradesh Arts,Culture & Literature
36. Telugu literature was first influenced by which historical empire?
Answer : Vijaynagar Empire
What is Champu?
Answer : A mixture of telugu prose and poetry
37. Malliya Rechana is known for which part of Telugu literature?
Answer : Telugu poem
Who are known as Kavi Trayam?
Ans: Nannaya, Tikkana and Yerrapragada
By which name India’s second largest Telugu film industry is known?
Answer : Tollywood
38. Which great author translated Mahabharata from Sanskrit to Telugu language?
Answer : Nannaya Bhattaraka
39. Who wrote Subhadra Kalyanam?
Ans: First female Telugu poet Tallapaka Tirumalamma
40. Who is the writer of Baala Vyaakaranamu?
Ans: Paravastu Chinnayasuri
41. He is a court poet of Vijaynagara empire and writer of Panduranga Mahatyamy. Who is he?
Ans: Tenali Ramakrishna
42. Which work of Kandujuri Veeresalingam was inspired by Oliver Goldsmith’s The Vicar of Wakefied?
Ans: Rajashekhara Charitamu
43. What is the state sport of AP?
Answer : Kabaddi
44. Who is the great Kuchipudi artist received PadmaShree, PadmaBhushan and PadmaBibhushan award consecutively in 1968, 2001 and 2016?
Answer : Yamini Krishnamurty
45. The great Telugu player M.V. Narasimha Rao is famous for which sport?
Answer : Cricket
46. Who is the first recipient of India’s highest literary Jnanpith Award in Telugu language?
Answer : Viswanatha Satyanarayana received this award in 1970
47. Where is India’s largest and longest Belum Caves located at?
Answer : Kurnool district
48. Who is the youngest lady ever became a Grand Master?
Ans: Koneru Humpy(Andhra Pradesh)
49. Who is the current Chief Justice of the High Court in Andhra Pradesh as of 2017?
Answer : Ramesh Ranganathan
50. Who was the first Chief Justice of the High Court in Andhra Pradesh?
Answer : Koka Subha Rao (1956-1958)