Modern Indian History
- The resolutions on Fundamental Rights and National Economic Policy were passed in which of the following sessions of the Indian National Congress?
- Arrange the following events in the order of their chronology:
- Who founded the Ramakrishna Mission in 1896 to carry on humanitarian relief and social work?
Answer: Swami Vivekananda
- Which among the following Viceroys was associated with the ‘Ilbert Bill Controversy’?
Answer: Lord Ripon
- Subhash Chandra Bose was re-elected the President of INC at the Tripuri Session in 1939 by defeating Gandhiji’s candidate :
Answer: Pattabhi Sitaramaiyya
- The pioneer of Communism in India was:
- Which of the following was the most controversial measure of Lord Mountbatten?
Answer: Advancing the date of transfer of power from June 1948 to August 15,1947
- Both the processes of transfer of power and the partition of India were hurried through in ____ days.
- The Swaraj Party was divided into factions after the death of C.R.Das and its ‘Responsivists’ faction worked for/by:
Answer: Safeguarding the hindu interests by cooperating with the British Government.
- Which among the following great revolutionaries was the brain behind the ‘Chittagong Armoury Raid’?
Answer: Surya Sen
- The revolutionary organisation ‘Abhinav Bharat Society’ was founded in 1904 by:
Answer: Vinayak Damodar Savarkar
- Who among the following was popularly known as the ‘Frontier Gandhi’?
Answer: Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan
- Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar was a great 19th Century Social Reformer who waged a struggle for/against which of the following social cause?
Answer: Widow Remarriage
- Neel-Darpan’ by Din Bandhu Mitra portrays the plight of :
Answer: Indigo Planters
- The first British ‘Presidency’ in India was established at :
- Who planted the ‘Tree of Liberty’ at Srirangapatnam?
Answer: Tipu Sultan
- Which Indian mass movement began with the famous ‘Dandi March’ of Mahatma Gandhi ?
Answer:Civil Disobedience Movement
- Who presided over the Karachi Session of Indian National Congress where the resolutions on Fundamental Rights and National Economic Policy were passed?
Answer: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Arrange the following events/movements in the correct order of their chronology:
- Who founded the association ‘ Naujawan Bharat Sabha’ to help foster revolution against the British Raj by gathering together worker and peasant youth in 1928 ?
Answer: Bhagat Singh